Rotary: Be the Inspiration! 2018-2019
Thank you for your interest in the Rotary Club of Lexington Park.
Please take a moment and dive in on our website. You will quickly see all the friends gathered here. We are sharing common bonds in making our community a better place, a commitment to help others, and ensuring every task we undertake is beneficial to all. These activities are performed by a great group of friends while having FUN along the way. We can’t do it all but contribute where we can and find our best fit. This grand quest joins us together to improve the lives in our community, nation, and yes, even in the world.
The Rotary Club of Lexington Park has a rich history. All thanks to an impressive list of trailblazers and contributors who understand the core values, guiding principles, and power of Rotary. I invite you to explore more fully our website where you will learn about our successful contributions including:
- S. Oyster Festival is our flagship event and includes The National Oyster Shucking Contest, and The Oyster Cook-off
- Running Of The Balls
- Oyster Shooter’s at the Beer Fest
- The Annual Tri-County 5/10K trot through Solomons Island to assist our Veterans
- Christmas in April
- Mission of Mercy – providing dental services to the needy
- Veterans’ Standown Day – a day to expose veterans to local and nation benefit programs
- Dictionaries to every county Third Grader
- Over $30K in scholarships to local students
- Over$20K in charitable contributions to many local nonprofits like Southern Maryland Energy Assistance, St Mary’s Caring, Mikes Bikes food drive, Marco Polo Award, So Many Journeys Waiting for You, and Library Books to Books
- Annual Marco Polo Award to local school teacher to go abroad and bring insights back to their class rooms
- Our international solar powered suitcases for electric power at remote sites
- Our international project to provide prosthetics to those in need in India
- Our participation in Rotary’s history of becoming “the heart and soul of polio eradication”
- Tree plantings throughout the county
- Efforts to define the food shortage in St Mary’s, measure the need, and take steps to lead the establishment of a food bank in St. Mary’s County
- Join with the Inter faith health alliance and the St. Mary’s County Health Department to fight the Opioid crisis by education.
Our success is never final. Our members continue to have a profound desire to serve and continue to Make a Difference – to be The Inspiration – to be People of Action. We are the Rotary Club of Lexington Park.
If you are considering joining the fun, we are excited to welcome you!